Permission errors

kefir

Permission errors

Post by kefir »

I have upgraded to 49 and have now tons of permission errors in the admin. All look similar to these:

Code: Select all

Quick scj folder check returns warnings
Permissions on /home/kefir/virtuals/**********.com/scj/rss.php is 0664, 0644 is recommended
Permissions on /home/kefir/virtuals/**********.com/scj/admin is 0775, 0755 is recommended
Permissions on /home/kefir/virtuals/**********.com/scj/admin/graph is 0775, 0755 is recommended
Permissions on /home/kefir/virtuals/**********.com/scj/admin/graph/jpgraph_bar.php is 0664, 0644 is recommended
Permissions on /home/kefir/virtuals/**********.com/scj/admin/graph/jpgraph_gb2312.php is 0664, 0644 is recommended
Permissions on /home/kefir/virtuals/**********.com/scj/admin/graph/jpgraph_antispam-digits.php is 0664, 0644 is recommended
Permissions on /home/kefir/virtuals/**********.com/scj/admin/graph/jpgraph_error.php is 0664, 0644 is recommended
Permissions on /home/kefir/virtuals/**********.com/scj/admin/graph/jpgraph_antispam.php is 0664, 0644 is recommended
Permissions on /home/kefir/virtuals/**********.com/scj/admin/graph/jpgraph_pie3d.php is 0664, 0644 is recommended
Permissions on /home/kefir/virtuals/**********.com/scj/admin/graph/jpgraph_radar.php is 0664, 0644 is recommended
Permissions on /home/kefir/virtuals/**********.com/scj/admin/graph/jpgraph_canvas.php is 0664, 0644 is recommended
Permissions on /home/kefir/virtuals/**********.com/scj/admin/graph/jpgraph_flags.php is 0664, 0644 is recommended
Permissions on /home/kefir/virtuals/**********.com/scj/admin/graph/jpgraph_plotmark.inc is 0664, 0644 is recommended
Permissions on /home/kefir/virtuals/**********.com/scj/admin/graph/imgdata_diamonds.inc is 0664, 0644 is recommended
Permissions on /home/kefir/virtuals/**********.com/scj/admin/graph/jpgraph_gradient.php is 0664, 0644 is recommended
After fixing some of them I get internal server error... Any idea how to solve it? Or just ignore?
admin
Site Admin

Re: Permission errors

Post by admin »

You have the same error - file are writable by group user, remove this attribute
nternal server error
what do you have in server logs for this ?
Don't forget to run script update
kefir

Post by kefir »

Is there any way to fix these permissions in bulk? In the previous versions I had no such problem, neither after installation nor upgrade.

Should I ask my server admin to change something? I am about to install couple of fresh SCJ copies and fixing that manually takes hours.

Fixing now to check the Internal Server Error in logs...
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Is there any way to fix these permissions in bulk? In the previous versions I had no such problem, neither after installation nor upgrade.
ask admin to fix it for you

You didnt have those warning caz previous version didnt have file checker.
Should I ask my server admin to change something? I am about to install couple of fresh SCJ copies and fixing that manually takes hours.

yes, it's 1 commend for admin
Fixing now to check the Internal Server Error in logs...
server logs, not scj logs
kefir

Post by kefir »

admin wrote:yes, it's 1 commend for admin
Sorry to be pain in the ass but could you point me to the right direction? Either what command should it be or what should I ask for as a permanent solution? I have ssh access of course.
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

chmod -gw

but you'd better ask admin to do it: remove write permission for group
gumsel

Post by gumsel »

Sometimes in a FTP client you can right click the file and set permissions there.
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

gumsel wrote:Sometimes in a FTP client you can right click the file and set permissions there.
Yes, but it's faster to do in SSH
kefir

Post by kefir »

Problem solved. Fresh installations by default have proper permissions, the problem was present only after upgrade from 48 to 49. Maybe there was something wrong with upgrade script...